Dip yourself into the taste of Gujarat with Dabeli
India is a county with different cast and culture. Every culture has its own speciality of food. Just like this Gujaraties also have their own special dishes.
Here is the recipe for the most loved Gujarati snack Dabeli.
Dabeli is the bun stuffed with a mixture of onions, potatoes, peanuts, tamarind and garlic chutney.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 01 Hour
Total Cook Time: 01 Hour 10 Minutes
Ingredients Of Dabeli
1 Kg Potatoes
4 Medium Onions
A pinch of Garam Masala
1 Cup Peanuts
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Red Chilli powder
4 Tbsp Imli and Gur chutney
2 Tbsp Garlic chutney
How to Make Dabeli
1. Boil the potatoes and after peeling, mash them well and keep aside.
2. In a pot, heat 1/2 cup oil and deep fry the peanuts, add salt about 1 tsp, 1 tsp sugar, red chilly powder 1/2 tsp.
3. In the remaining oil add garlic chutney, allow it to sizzle, now add garam masala, red chilli powder and imli chutney.
4. Now add mashed potatoes to this.
4. Serve hot as filling in the bun with fried peanuts & chopped onions.
Chicken Potli: The spicy appetizer recipe
Fresh and tasty Strawberry Tiramisu dessert recipe
Give your dinner a kick start with ‘Veggie Pesto Soup’