- Brinjal – 4
- Oil – 4 tblspn
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Coconut – 1/2 cup grated
- Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder / Malli Podi – 1 tblspn
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Jaggery – 1.5 tsp
- Tamarind pulp – 2 tsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Take the grinding ingredients in a blender and make it into a coarse puree.
- Take the brinjal, slit them in the middle,open lightly, stuff the brinjal with this mix.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in mustard and curry leaves. Saute them for a min.
- Add in the brinjals, and toss well in the oil. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 mins till the brinjal is cooked.
- Toss them often.Serve.